APRIL 26TH-28TH 2019 IN LOUISVILLE, KY
WE BRING TOGETHER FANS TO CO-BUILD THE NEXT BIG FAN APPS, ESPORTS GAMES AND VIDEO CAMPAIGNS POWERED BY XR, AI & BLOCKCHAIN
RUN19Hacks is part of the Run for the Unicorns Conference & Expo Event (“RUN2019″). RUN2019 kicks off with a Shark Tank Open Casting Call on Monday, April 29th at 10am. For more information, head here. RUN19Hacks attendees can attend the expo for free and receive discount tickets to the convention. For more information please email us.
THE ONE INNOVATION EVENT WHERE FANS CREATE VALUE!
Welcoming all skill levels, RUN19Hacks is a 54-hour eSports and fan engagement hackathon, fostering tech talent recruitment, immersive entrepreneurship, and decentralized startup deal-flow around the new generation of fan apps & eSports fans games. RUN19Hacks challenges teams to use data, APIs, and content to execute their vision on how to improve the mobile fan experience, develop/discover new games and business models.
Produced by FanHacks and Convergence, RUN19Hacks is a pre-conference event for the annual Run For The Unicorns Expo & Conference held during Derby Week in Louisville, Kentucky.
WHAT IS A HACKATHON?
In this context, the word “hack” means to create. A hackathon is an event where people come together for 24 to 48 hours or more to make something using the wonders of technology. But, the goal of a hackathon isn’t just to create something: it’s also to learn. Hackathons are the time to experiment with new technologies, APIs, SDKs, or learn to code from scratch.
WHAT IS ESPORTS?
Esports is a form of competition using video games that are typically a mixture of amateur and professional multi-players.The birth of the Internet in the 1990s changed everything. It opened a new world for gamers to compete with other players around the world. They were finally able to compare scores and strategies, and talented gamers started to rise, eventually becoming professionals in competitive teams, and performing in stadiums in front of tens of thousands of fans
Market research firm Newzoo reports that Esports Awareness Exceeds 1 Billion as New Global & Local Initiatives are Launched.
Several years ago, club teams began forming at colleges and universities. They slowly found ways to compete with each other, and it was not long before regular seasons and tournaments were established. These collegiate tournaments have grown to the point where students are competing for tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship money. The demand for this form of competition is so great that pioneering universities in the sport have set out to establish eSports programs much like athletics programs.
HOW WILL THIS WORK?
Participants join into teams of up to 4 to work on a project – typically software, though hardware projects are allowed – in an environment designed for collaboration that could drive mass adoption of XR, AI, IoT and Blockchain technologies, particularly across fan engagement and esports ecosystem. Teams showcase projects after 54 hour of hacking. We encourage beginners and advanced hackers alike to challenge themselves and expand their skills and competitively show us the next big thing in Fan Apps and eSports!
This is an excellent opportunity for students to build networks of creators, receive internship & job-offers from world-class sponsors, and learn tools & systems of XR, AI, IoT and Blockchain technologies. We welcome hundreds of students and fans to join us in prototyping awesome XR, AI, IoT and Blockchain software and hardware projects and use cases that could spur mass adoption.
Industry experts and mentors come from all over the country to create an environment that fosters an atmosphere of learning through tech talks, mentorship, and one-on-one guidance.
Hosted Mini Event
We will release information on cash and physical prizes awarded as we get closer to the event.
Why Sponsor RUN19 eSports + Fan Apps Hackathon?
- Be in first position for first look at what fans want from mobile applications powered by XR, AI and Blockchain technologies that make better the fan experience and esports ecosystem.
- Recruiting from a pool mobile savvy and tech capable students, increasing the quality of applicants
- Promotion of your brand and company culture to the attendees as well the larger student body within our advertising sphere.
- Creative solutions to relevant problems around mass adoption of frontier technology. Depending on your sponsorship tier, the opportunity to present and organization specific-challenge where attendees will be competing to most effectively solving your organization’s problem.
- Host Technical Mentors, Engineers, & Recruiters
- Exhibition and/or Table at Career Fair Throughout Event
- Recruitment Email
- Access to resumes (filtered and unfiltered)
- Recruitment Session
- Live Interviews
- Logo on Swag
- Logo on Advertisements and Website
- Special Opening and Closing Ceremony Acknowledgement
- Product in Swag Bag
- Promotion in Opening Ceremony
- Regular Social Media Shout-Outs
- Logo on Banners and Posters
- Blurb on Website
- Acknowledgement During Closing Ceremony
- Host a Workshop
- Award Own Custom Prize
- Pre-Event Meeting With Executive Team
- Email Blast
Additionally: Sponsor a Meal for $1400; Add an Extra Hour of Workshop for $350; Add an Extra Hour of Live Interviews for $350
For Our Students and Partner Sponsors
We want RUN19Hacks to embody the idea of mass adoption through as many mediums as possible such as activities & engagement by offering:
- One-on-one Check-in sessions. We know that hacking can get intense. We’ll be there to provide that support in a safe space.
- Midnight meditation and a morning yoga party! Staying active and practicing focus increases the efficiency of our students, but also our volunteers and Mentors.
- Stress-busting Sessions. We’ve planned various events to help keep stress levels down and coding levels up!